Visit The Most Beautiful Park in Italy | Parco Sigurtà
Owned by the Sigurtà family, Parco Sigurtà proudly carries the title of the most beautiful park in Italy. It is the perfect escape for those looking to spend a day surrounded by nature. Here you can walk through the stunning landscaped gardens, or have a picnic near the impeccably maintained lawns and lakes. To make the most of your time there, you need to plan ahead. Here's everything you need to know about visiting Parco Sigurtà.
Parco Sigurtà Visitor Information at a Glance
- What are the Parco Sigurtà opening hours?
Gardaland Theme Park is open from March to November, from 9 AM - 6 PM
- Where is Parco Sigurtà located?
Gardaland Theme Park is located at Via Cavour, 1, 37067 Valeggio sul Mincio VR, Italy. Get directions.
- What is the best time to visit Parco Sigurtà?
The best time to visit is during the summer when the weather is fine.
- How many visitors does Parco Sigurtà see per year?
Parco Sigurtà hosts over 1.5 million visitors annually.
Parco Sigurtà is open from 6 March to 13 November 2022.
April to September: 9 AM - 7 PM (last admission at 6 PM)
March, October, and November: 9 AM - 6 PM (last admission at 5 PM)
Last Entry: 1 hour before closing.
Closure: Parco Sigurtà is closed to the public between mid-November and April each year.
Best Time to Visit
Parco Sigurtà is only open between March and November and is closed for visitors for the rest of the year.
As Italy enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate, with dry springs and summers and rainy winters, the best time to visit is in the early spring, during “Tulipmania” when you can see the park’s million tulips in full bloom.
Autumn is another great time to visit the park, to enjoy the range of fiery colors, and various themed events.
Try to visit on a weekday to escape the crowds, as Weekends and public holidays are generally crowded, as visitors and locals like to unwind at the park. Early mornings or late evenings are a cooler time to visit, as the weather is more favorable, and the crowds are smaller.
Where is Parco Sigurtà Located?
Getting to Parco Sigurtà
The closest train stations are Verona Porta Nuova and Peschiera del Garda. From here you can take APAM bus 46, or ATV bus 479 or 482 to Valeggio sul Mincio. You can also get a taxi or a bicycle to the park.
Closest train station: Verona Porta Nuova, Peschiera del Garda
From Verona, you can take ATV bus 160, and from Mantua you can take APAM bus 46. The bus ride takes about 50 minutes. From Peschiera del Garda, take ATV line 482 to Valeggio sul Mincio.
Closest bus stop: Valeggio Sul Mincio
From the Autostrada A4 and A22 motorways, or the SS450, take the take Peschiera del Garda exit and follow the signs for Valeggio sul Mincio. You can also take a taxi from cities like Verona, for around €35-€45.
Parking facilities: There are four free car parks for visitors
Sigurta Park is just 2 kilometers from the long cycle path running from Mantua to Peschiera del Garda. Bicycles can also be ridden within the park itself, and there are charging points for electric bicycles.
Parking facilities: Bicycles can be parked for free at the parking lots
Know Before You Go
- Guests are advised to book tickets online before arriving at the park.
- Social distancing of 2 meters is advised at all times throughout the park where possible.
- The park is regularly disinfected and is safe to visit
- Guests are advised not to visit if they have symptoms including fever, sore throat, cough, etc.
Lockers: Small bags and items can be stored near the main entrance and collected at the end of your visit.
Restrooms: There are a number of public restrooms conveniently spread across all 600 hectares of the park.
Pets: While pets are not allowed inside the park, there is a special arrangement with two nearby kennels (Custode delle Muraglie and Il Sogno di Silvia e Nabirra) where you can board your dog for the day.
Parking: There are four free car parks located just outside the Gardens, as well as a point for recharging electric cars.
Charging Stations: Electric vehicle charging stations are available near the car park.
- Sigurtà Garden Park is accessible to guests with disabilities and is also wheelchair friendly.
- Certain disabled individuals are entitled to free entry and free parking inside, while their carers get discounted tickets at €11.50.
- Guests with reduced mobility have special reserved wheelchair areas on the panoramic park trains.
- The park can be explored through the electric golf cart, or the train that runs through the property.
- Three of the restrooms in the park (along the main routes) are equipped for disabled users.
- Guide dogs for the visually impaired are allowed in the park.
Strollers: Strollers for children are allowed inside the park.
Baby-Changing Facilities: Numerous restrooms are equipped with nappy-changing areas.
Picnics: Packed lunches can be taken into the park, and you can enjoy it at the restaurant tables, or bring your own blanket to lay on the grass.
Eating: The park’s refreshment kiosks offer child-friendly options, like pizzas, ice cream, and more.
- You cannot set up tables, chairs, barbecues, light fires, etc. inside the park.
- If you set up a picnic with a packed lunch on a blanket placed on the lawn, respect the environment and other visitors
- It is forbidden to play ball games inside the park to better protect the environment.
- You cannot sunbathe in swimming costumes or walk around bare-chested.
- Pets are not allowed in with the exception of guide dogs.
- It is not permitted to feed the animals in the park.
- Commercial photography and the use of drones require special permission from the management.
- If you want to leave the park momentarily and return later in the day, you can request a pass stamp on your hand at the entrance/exit.
There are many eating options in the park where you can have a snack or a hot meal at any time of the day. Please note that availability may vary by time of year.
- Ristorante Sigurtà: a restaurant that serves traditional Italian food and full meals; their set menus feature local specialties (currently not open).
- Bar Bosso: a pizzeria that serves pizza by the slice; there are also various vegetarian options.
- Kiosks: There are a variety of stalls that serve coffee, and cafe-style food like focaccia, pizzas, sandwiches, ice cream, gelato, and more.
- Picnics: You can also bring a packed lunch or snacks and eat it either in the dining areas or on the lawn.
Parco Sigurtà is located in Valeggio sul Mincio, a small town located in the province of Verona in Italy. So, there are lots of hotel options available:
- La Finestra sul Fiume: 510 m away
- Hotel La Bastia: 850 m away
- The Holidays in Borghetto Mills: 940 m away
- Maison Resola: 960 m away
- Regia Rosetta - Royal Rooms Borghetto: 960 m away
- Le Finestre Su Borghetto: 970 m away
- Relais Borghetto: 1 km away
- Hotel Eden Restaurant: 1 km away
- Hotel Corte Del Paggio: 1.7 km away
Visitor Tips & Guidelines
- Get Tickets Before: Purchase your tickets in advance online as you will be able to plan your time more efficiently.
- Different Seasons: The park is very different at different times of the year, for example, there are vibrant flowers in spring, and golden leaves in autumn.
- Best Time: The best time to visit Parco Sigurtà is on weekdays as the weekends tend to get a bit crowded.
- Time Needed: Visitors usually spend an average of 3 hours at the park but you are welcome to spend the whole day till closing as well.
- Bring Your Food: Outside food and drinks are allowed inside the gardens, so you can bring along some snacks or lunch to enjoy responsibly in the park.
- Playing Games: Any kind of games that could damage the surroundings are not permitted within the park.
- Cycling Inside: Cycling is allowed inside the park on the paved paths. Electric bicycles can be rented from the entrance to explore the garden.
- Only Guide Dogs: Except for guide dogs and service dogs, dogs are not allowed inside the park.
- No Drones: Flying drones over the park or around the park is not allowed without prior permission.
- Re-Entry: While the tickets are single entry only, you can request a hand/pass stamp if you would like to exit the park and re-enter in a short time frame.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Parco Sigurtà
A. Parco Sigurtà is located in the village of Valeggio sul Mincioin, close to the city of Verona.
A. Yes, the park is now open to visitors from the first Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November.
A. Voted one of the best parks in Italy, Parco Sigurtà boasts a collection of plants and flowers that is unmatched across the country.
A. Certain visitors with disabilities can enter for free. However, all other visitors are required to pay an entry fee.
A. Entry tickets to Parco Sigurtà start at €8.50 for children and €13.50 for adults.
A. The Tulip festival at the beginning of spring is one of the best times to visit the park.
A. Parco Giardino Sigurtà is open from 6 March 2022 until 13 November 2022. From April to September, it is open every day from 9 AM - 7 PM (last admission at 6 PM). In the months of March, October, and November closing is at 6 PM (last admission at 5 PM).
A. Yes, there are special entry prices for groups that have 25 people or more.
A. Yes, the park is kid-friendly, with a special educational farm on the grounds.
A. Yes. The park is wheelchair friendly.
A. Yes, the park has 5 refreshment kiosks spread conveniently across the premises.
A. An average visit would last 2-3 hours, however, some people end up spending the whole day at the park.
A. The park was voted the best park in Italy, and boasts of some of the largest varieties of flowers and trees that bloom throughout different seasons, making for a very picturesque place to visit.